vander 5A, Revelsalon2, sf elipsa or magico v3?

i am going to upgrade my virgo 3s. I am also considering b&ws and the sophia2s. I listen to jazz and blues..a little rock on my vpi scout, cal audio lab cd player, mac c22 peramp and mac mc252 amp.....what do you think?
jedhartman
Jedhartman,
I found it much easier to get a pleasingly musical sound out of Elipsa. Although they too are pretty transparent to source, their tone colors (warmer seductive sound) somehow to me more forgiving of the various components we tried them with (at dealer's place). Even using a Pioneer DVD player as source at one stage, they can, and still remain musical.

Whereas, the V3 needed much more attention to sound their best (from source right down to amp and cabling). Thus, they are more fussy, revealing and harder to drive. In the 3-4 different set-up configurations we tried both speakers, more often, the Elipsa sounded better (in their own ways). However when we finally got the V3 properly dialed-in, they are in our opinion, by quite a margin, to be the better speaker overall--truer to source (transparent), quicker, more resolving, coherent and most importantly (to me at least) 'neutrally balanced'.
Thank you...I dont disagree that the SFs are musical and many recordings sounded excellent in my auditions...even those that are averageecordings....I have not listened to the magicos through Macs...but loved them through VTL....What do you think of the Revel Salon2s which I have hears with Mac and was very impressed...
Sorry, I do not have any first hand experiences with Revels nor the Vander 5s except through some references from friends and great reviews. So will leave that to other fellow A'goners in better positions to contribute their views/insights of them.