How tall should speakers be?

My Totem Hawk speakers look awfully short compared to the Monitor Audio speakers I've been thinking of buying. In fact, the Totem sound better when I sit on the floor when listening! Is there a certain height for best sound?

Thanks

Jim
spender_1
There was a thread here on decoupling speakers from the floor by setting them on plinths with an inert material between the speakers and plinths. I tried this and am amazed at the improvement in image and soundstage. My speakers are only 36 inches tall so I'm thinking some of the improvement comes from the extra two inches in height.
As the hawks are a fairly short speaker, this may work for you also. Before building the plinths and setting spikes in them I tried setting the speakers on thick phone books. Try this experiment and see if the results are positive. I'll bet they are.
Have you thought of lifting your speakers up off the floor about 6 inches. Lovan makes a speaker stand like Sound Anchors but a lot less. You may be very surprised how this could solve your problems. Check out dedicated audio.
The model is Lovan JAZ-600. Not only will it raise the speaker up to ear level but it should tighten your bass and more.
I had a pair of Alon I Mk II's and I use a pair of Vandersteen Stands by Sound Anchor (6 inches). Man did it do the Alon's right! The stands transformed them. I regret selling the Alons I MKII's to this day.