rockport altair any informed opinions?

anyone see, hear and toch this seeming beautiful looking work of art? concidering a purchase but nowhere in reasonable distance to me to check it out at. the closes is 5-6hrs away. is it worth the drive and the price of admission? thanks for experianced opinions.
koegz
Congrats Koegz!

I am sure that you will love the Altair for a long time to come!

Question: What are you using for a power amp to drive them?

Jealously yours,

Kurt_tank
;-)
That same reviewer has since come to the conclusion that the Altair's bass is superior in quality to that produced by the Gothams. The sound may not be as linear but the slight loss of articulation and coherence was not a compromise he was prepared to make.

Also, the quality of the the Aquila's low end is quite spectacular. It uses the same type of driver as the Altair however it is a few inches smaller. By all accounts, the Rockport room at CES was one of the top rooms at this years show. Of course, the larger the woofer the more low end traction the speaker will be able to reproduce. But then again, depends on the size of the room. More low end capability isnt always better, especially if the result is a coloring of the sound.
krell evo 600's. there is no need for sub's, at least not in 2 channel music, plenty of tight lower end. not a fan of sub's in 2 channel they tend to exagerate and rumble. now movies(action) dif story. the aquila is a great speaker only a little smaller then the altair and 3 way, but great bang for the buck.
The Altair was my favorite speaker system at CES. If I hadn't lost so much wealth during this economic turndown I would buy Altair and call my speaker search quits. Then I would have to up grade the rest of my system - Bananas!