Red herring lost in a forest of speakers, memories

Hello all you 'goners, I need some help.

I have been racking my brain, computer and internet connection trying to remember a speaker that seemed to strike a chord with me a while back, well at least the review I had read did.

Unfortunately I have had no luck in retracing my memory or steps treaded online and have been going a bit crazy since I cannot remember the name or even the speaker manufacturer... which makes it a little tough to find again in spite of my best efforts. I had found it inadvertently, I believe in another audio chat room(cannot remember which one) while I was doing some research on potential speaker upgrades.

Anyway, I will tell you what I do recall and hopefully with those pieces somebody will be able to put it all together and tell me the name of the speaker and manufacturer.

Well, it was a floorstanding speaker with fairly small dimensions as well as footprints, being upright it had a traditional rectangular look(which is my taste), although it may have been slightly slanted or angled backwards, in fact I think it probably was. Also I believe it was front-ported near the bottom of the speaker. FWIW, In the review I had read it was colored, perhaps painted a very rich and "woody" brown maybe a "coffee" color if you will. Of course there may be other colors available as well. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, I am not sure, but I think the manufacturer had the word "acoustic" or "acoustics" in its name, although it is not Totem, Aerial or Silverline Acoustics. The model may have been something like the C5 or CS5(but not a center-channel)and had a suggested retail of either $6,995 or $7,995 well at least somewhere in that price range at the time of the reviews writing a few years ago.

Thinking back, I believe I read about it on the Stereophile website after I had Googled it, getting the name from another audio chatroom. I think it, the speaker was introduced with positive reviews at some audio show back in 2005, give or take a few years. I have spent hours scouring the Stereophile site looking for that review but have had no luck.

It may not be the best speaker in the world or even a good one for that matter(I haven't yet heard it), but it has struck my fancy and I have become my namesake, obsessed in trying to find it as the aesthetics and sonic potentials appealed to me.

Well, now you know what I know as best as I can remember it, any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated as they would be very helpful to my sanity.

Thanks.
audio_obsessed_novic
Maybe Thiel CS 5? There's a pair for sale now on A-goN, with a photo. Let us know if that's it.

Oh, and Thiel is often misspelled. Also try searching Theil as well as Thiel. Both spelling are currently found in the AudiogoN search and there is a pair of CS 5s listed under both spellings.

Enjoy,

TIC
Another possibility is the Thiel CS.5. It is the small version of the older style Thiel speaker. It is front/bottom ported, angles back and comes in dark walnut. The Thiel CS.5 is the smallest of the old series and the Thiel CS5i is a large speaker.

Enjoy,

TIC
It sounds like a Thiel, except for the price you mentioned, i.e. the CS .5 (Note the "point" before the "5").

Here's the Stereophile review:

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/223/

Geven the price you note, check the Thiel website to see if it's actually one of their larger models that you're looking for.
Hey guys, thanks for your thoughts, but while it seems like you have reached a general consensus that Thiel is the manufacturer, making me hopeful, having checked out their website along with the listings posted here on the 'gon, I do not believe this was what I was longing for.

I think their speakers, Thiels' are a bit too wide, and the drivers don't look quite as stylish as the ones I am fantasizing about. I mean the speaker I am thinking of was quite slim, compact in size(height), and looked very sleek/stylish, elegant in its design, simply beautiful.

Oh lord......

Anyway, I will probably keep looking, and maybe I have piqued your interest and you will do the same, for who doesn't like a good mystery? Just don't go overboard and become crazy like me. LOL.

Thanks again, your help is much appreciated.
I think most people are going by your memory of a sloped design and a name like C5 or CS5. How sure are you about the name. Thiel has a model ".5" which is smaller than the rest, but its price is nowhere near your figure.

It might be useful to purchase a catalog of all audio products and browse through it, just in case something jogs the memory. Another line of attack might be to get some tech-savvy guy to look at your computer and find all of the web pages you have visited. Even your ISP has that record. :)