Wilson MAXX musicallity and sound

I am missing the liquid and icy sound of high end audio with the following expensive combination . How can I improve achieve that dream sound:
Wilson MAXX 1, Accuphase A50 V power amp,Air tight ATM 211 single ended mono amp, air tight ATC 2 pre and Accuphase DP80L/DC81L cd/converter with Transparent referecne speaker cable and Accuphase DG38 room correction /equalizer. It is quite an expensive system but lacks that liquid sound of high end and bass extension. Please share your opinion how to improve it.Thanks
fpooyandeh
No matter how great the speaker and electronics, the speaker must be properly placed in the room. Given the weight and size, these babies are often just "plopped" into an approximately good position and left to disappoint the owner forever.

IMHO, you should beg and pay a Sumiko dealer to come out and do a Sumiko Master Set for you. Don't change any equipment until you do this. You can't judge a system until the speakers are properly set. In the few Wilson systems that I've heard, this is a chronic problem, with great speakers not reaching near their potential due to lackluster placement.

See my review of the Sumiko Master Set and Guidocorona's comments regarding the Master Set of his system for more in-depth discussion.

Dave
fpooyandeh:

2 years ago I have a pair of watt puppy 6's, moved into a new house. Just wasn't happy with the sound. Called a Wilson dealer in Austin, TX. He spent about 8 !!! Hours dailing them in. It makes a major difference.

Since, I've upgraded to the WP 8's. Seriously you have great speakers. Amp matching is critical, I can't really comment on your electronics, I just am not familiar with them.

I can say, Wilson speaker positioning is critical and transformation when done perfectly.

Good luck!
In addition to speaker placement (so critical for Wilson speakers, need to get them right down to the last 1/2 inch), room treatment you can also explore vibration control.

You didn't mention how you are placing your equipment but in my experience proper vibration not only improves but is critical in any hi-end system. The changes can be night and day and seems to affect the extreme ends of the sound frequency - top and bottom end. Exactly the issues you are experiencing.
05-15-08: Flkin said:
"In addition to speaker placement (so critical for Wilson speakers, need to get them right down to the last 1/2 inch), ..."

Some of us believe that you need to get it down to 1/16", really, it's that critical. However, the reward is well worth the trouble.

Dave