Stereophile claims about Magico

Stereophile claims Magico has revolutionized loudspeaker design. All I see is standard design. Only 1 thing is slightly new, carbon nano tubes the carbon fiber cones already been done, aluminum cabinets been done. The driver array 1 tweeter 1 mid 2 woofers been done to death. The way magico attaches drivers old as the hills Ive got 50 year old loudspeakers that mount simlar. The way he designs crossovers is fairly standard. So whats the revolution the nano carbon tubes? Or just another bold claim on mag cover to sell issues.
128x128johnk
Just curious after reading the article if anybody browsed previous loudspeaker articles about methods used in dampening or stiffing the MDF box?

My short review found:

nothing very innovative in cabinet dampening or stiffing
extensively bracing of the cabinet
ply hardwood layers sandwiched together
combination of resin, glue, or gel to strengthen cabinet
super plywood Birch or some exotic wood I never heard of

So...if I'm a designer where are the technological advances in acoustic construction of MDF design cabinets? More bracing.
Shadorne: In a world with me too speaker boxes built in China and me too drivers cheaply built and mass produced in Northern Europe perhaps Magico is actually REVOLUTIONARY.

Perhaps Magico was designed in the USA in 1776. :)
It's clear from the review that the speakers were not the be all and end all, Magico was welcomed in to the field as a new player.

Gregg
I think it's interesting to watch reviewers move through the various price levels over the years. They get more and more expensive gear as time goes by, and they get less relevant over time due, mainly, to the fact that they're reviewing stuff most of us consider "ridiculously priced", either because we really do feel that way or because we can never afford it.

Reading JV in TAS talk about his latest "this is the greatest thing since sliced bread" speaker is comical at this point. JS used to be this way, but thankfully found another career to veer into. And then you get his review on the V2 version of the same speaker and it, not surprisingly, goes to whole new levels and costs another several thousand bucks. What!?!?! How is this an experience any of us can leverage?

Whatever. Good entertainment, but for the most part pretty useless for really identifying "revolutionary".