Hyperion HPS-938 speakers

Has anyone had any experience with the Hyperion HPS-938? Seem to be having a problem with them being bright in the top end, lean in the mids, and light on the base. In all the reviews I have read never any talk of these problems. I have Arcam gear and Nordost cables. Have had them for quite some time. Any thoughts??
hawkeye43
>>absolutely unaffected by power line filth<<

First of all not all ac power can be characterized as filty. Most of us have discovered a way to cope with suspect ac power if in fact it exists.

Buying a battery powered component simply because ac power MAY be poor (operative word is MAY; it is not absolute and there are solutions if it occurs) is very poor decision making. Don't forget battery power almost always limits dynamics. There is no battery powered component I would own or sell including the garage brand mentioned here.
Now use the left front and left right "out" on your HT processor and connect those to left and right HT pass-thru "in" on your stereo preamp and remaining channels (C,BR, BL) to amplifier channels for the center, back left and back right channels.

Sorry for that it should say :

Connect the left front channel out and Right front channel out from your HT prepro - to left and right HT pass-thru "in" on stereo preamp.

Don't forget to select HT pass-thru on stereo preamp when you want to watch movies or listen to multichannel music.
Dodd doesn't need to be "ON" but it must be in HT mode. When listening to stereo source, choose the appropriate input on the linestage that corresponds to the source that you want to listen and which is connected to linestage. Volume on linestage is by-passed when in HT mode. For movies use the volume on your HT processor.

Sorry, it is late and I am seeing in double.

Take care

Mariusz
No- Dodd as well as many others have two sets of outputs for bi-amping. So you can easily connect one amp to pre-out -A- and 2nd amp to pre-out -B-.
Bill - you could not sell it even if you really wanted.
Gary sells direct - no dealers. That helps to keep the costs down. Untill you hear it - your opinion is very.....baseless. We had a -Audio Rave- yesterday with whole bunch of people and gear. All agreed that Dodd was a very special - we also had a shot out between Dodd vs Modwright. It was very interesting to say the least. I will post my impressions on the other thread where I meantion those two going head to head at each other. Garage ?......maybe - but one does not need a fency store front and gazilions spend on adds to be respected and well known within the audiophile circles. Gary is very profecional and cares more about costumer satisfaction then most butique and well known brands. I tought that you should know that while looking down on the little guy that seems to trouble some competition.......and maybe even you Bill - is that the one of the best gear comes from ......yes the little guys like Dodd / Supratek / Audio Horizon /Modwright/RWA/Emerald Physics and many many others. But I can asure you Bill - Dodd is a such a small outfit that you should not worry. Onother thing Bill - neither did I or reviewers that actually had some experience with Dodd noticed what you said about the limitation of dynamics ....I am not sure....but hey - we that own or heard Dodd must be wrong and you are right then. I am not really interesred in proving you wrong ......what is the point....all I will say is this - it is a awesome preamp for the money that kicks butt .......battery or not. Garage or front page of Stereophile mag. .......does not matter. It it the listener that holds the final vote. And my vote goes to DODD Audio.

Two - like you said - power line problems can be addressed with many filters / conditioners / PC / dedicated lines and isolated ground for all audio components.....but it costs money and lots of it - I should know. Besides it does not always eliminates the problem complitly.
Especially true in big cities like NY.

So enjoy reading all the positive feedbacks from Dodd users here and on Audio Circle.

Cheers