Snell AIIIi - Replace or keep?

I've got a pair of really good condition Snell AIIIi's that sound awesome. Only problem is they are huge and my apartment is not - getting rid of them would buy me serious points with my significant other. Right now I drive them with a krell ksa 200s, but I also have a 50s I sometimes swap in for a change. Someone is willing to give me $1200 for them, which seems fair. Only problem is once I get rid of them I need a good pair to replace them. Is there any speaker out there in the $1000 range that will sound as good - it's the lifelike quality of the snells I really enjoy - right now I'm listening to Sonny Rollins and it sounds like he's in the room. I think they just may be too big for my apartment. Any advice is much appreciated. thanks
mainer8
Mainer8, A suggestion - Snell Type B's. A pair is currently for sale on A'gon for $1200. They are designed to go into the corners, and some preferred them to the Type A's.
Those Type B look nice but really the only issue is size, and those still look pretty hefty. I think my girlfriend is coming around to letting me keep them on the condition that I stop adding big pieces to my stereo system.
Considering WAF or GAF (girlfriend acceptance factor), I'm guessing there are three elements - size of cabinet, placement in room, and finish/design of the cabinet.

You have an advantage with two out of three. Because the Snell A series are designed for near wall placement, they do not intrude into the room as do most speakers. And in spite of their size, the Snell As I've seen had very good cabinet finish. Since you obviously enjoy your Snells, your girlfriend should be willing to accept one out of three factors, their size.

As for the Maggies suggestion, their footprint may be smaller but they must be placed well out into the room to perform to their best advantage. And with their height, can they really be considered a smaller speaker?

I'd keep what I have if I was you.
I have a good girlfriend - she saw that I was getting bummed out about getting rid of them and we came to compromise which involves me keeping the speakers. I have to move them to a less obtrusive place in the apartment (they're like 3 feet out from one of the walls kind of taking up the living room). It seemed like a reasonable compromise to me so I get to keep them. I never thought anyone would want them for what I was asking so I figured I could just say I had tried with no luck. Thanks for everyone's advice.
Glad it worked out. As Pryso mentioned...near wall placement is fine with the Snells.

I lusted for a pair of those many years ago. Without internet, in those days...finding used pairs, was not an easy task...if at all.

Dave