Treble of Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand?

Id love to purchase these speakers, but I have heard that
the top end is a bit soft and not very dynamic. Any folks
here own these speakers and have thoughts?
campton
Yeah, that Mojo guy is interesting. The fact that he sets of speakers using measurement speaks volumes to me. No one can measure there way to speaker placement, IMHO. He criticizes others for letting Sumiko place the speakers, but I think his thinking is flawed.

My experience is in line with TAS. Of course, I've only heard them set up by a Sumiko expert, using the Sumiko Master Set technology. Set up is critically important for ANY speaker. If I were a professional reviewer I would learn how to do the Sumiko Master Set so that I'd be certain to review each speaker in their best light.

Dave
If you truly read our review, you would see that our findings AND measurements were exactly the same as two other well regarded European mags. We even quote them at the end of the review. The difference is, they copped out and did not state the obvious that these speakers as evidenced by three reviews on two different continents in at least three different systems and rooms did not fair very well. if you want to lean on TAS, that's fine. Just ask yourself when is the last time they actually recommended that you not bother to audition something?

"Yeah, that Mojo guy is interesting. The fact that he sets of (sic) speakers using measurement speaks volumes to me"

BTW< we did not set them up after we took the measurements. They were set up according to the manual.
I read stereomojo's review and appreciate his take on the speakers. This forum is not a witch hunt to try and prove that ones opinion is better than another but rather a place to share ideas. Kudos to stereomojo for stating his opinion and not being afraid to publish it and share it with others. I am a happy owner of VA Baby Beethoven's and did not get my feelings hurt by stereomojo. DCStep I agree with raking the speaker back 10% - 15% it made a big difference on my system
Thanks,
Stereomojo said:
"I then set them up in Room B or the small room, well away from the back and spies walls and in an equilateral triangle position with the listener. 20” stands were used to prop them up."

That's pathetic. Almost any speaker will sound like shit if set up like that. You have no idea what you're doing. You need to place the speaker in the room so that the interaction with the room and between the speakers balances the bass and midrange performance. The highs are dealt with with rake angle. You also need a stand that'll get the tweeter up around 40" high.

Anyone considering these speakers should buy them through an independent Sumiko dealer and avail themselves of the Sumiko Master Set to properly place the speakers. BB is only an option if you know how to set them yourself. Don't look to Stereomojo for guidance...

Beerad, congrats on thinking for yourself and working to make the speakers work. I love my Beethoven Baby Grands.

Dave