Recommend a forward speaker

Apologies in advance for cross posting this on AA as well, but figure there might be some different suggestions over here.

When I say forward, I mean the music is presented forward on the stage, NOT necessarily bright (but could lean that way).

I've got a pair of Verity Audio Parsifals, and they are not forward, and although I love their coherent and open sound, sometimes I feel like the stage is just too far back. I've done a lot to bring it forward: silver cables (Stereovox), Amperex 6922 in my amps, Canary ca 160 amps, Emm front end, still, the basic character of the speakers are still laid back. The soundstage at this point is probably about 3 to 4 feet behind the plane of the speakers. I prefer it at or slightly forward the plane of the speaker. That's what I get for buying without listening first. Although, honestly, it took some listening to finally put my hand on this. I was so taken aback by their beautiful, open sound, it was hard to understand their presentation fully.
128x128dennis_the_menace
What I heard was in the midrange area, and actually, throughout the spectrum. Each note, each instrument and voice, felt dis-integrated from the whole. I could easily analyze every individual note, but never felt like they all came together cohesively in a musical way. It just didn't sound real. I don't know if it was the box, the crossover, the drivers... I just know what I heard. I also have a feeling the electronics played an important part, and from what I heard, I'm not sure Audio Research is for me. Neither the Audio Physics nor the Wilsons felt musical to me, though the Audio Physics were better than the Wilsons.

All that said, I auditioned Usher and Piega speakers today, and both of them were much better than either the Wilsons or Audio Physics. Same amount of detail, more air w/ the Piegas, musical, and more exciting and intimate as well. And although I liked the Ushers, I didn't like them enough to buy them.

The Piega's however rrrreally kicked serious arse (CL 70x). I fell in love with them and am so excited to have found a speaker that has that same transparency and cohesive sound as the Parsifals, but with a more forward, intimate and exciting presentation. Really awesome speakers, I can't wait to get them in my house.
I am glad you fond what you were looking for.
Which Ushers did you audition.....? and what was on the other end of the cable...? Just curious.
Cheers
hey Mrjstark... I auditioned both the monitor (218 be?) and the AC 10 Be. Upstream components were a Plinius preamp, a Cary 303 CD player using the solid state output at it's highest sampling rate, and a Cary CAD 120 amp in ultralinear mode. The monitor had big sound for a monitor, and altho the bass was prodigious, it felt forced and a bit boomy. The AC 10 be was actually less bass heavy, better integrated overall, and smoother up top, but still very revealing and detailed. It lost out to the Piega in imaging and overall musicality. The Piega was more musical, more cohesive, airier, and more detailed. All that and it's a much smaller speaker. The Usher was very nice, but it sounded a bit like a box, and somewhat congested. The Piega was really box free and even off axis sounded great. This was the TC 70x, not the CL series. Amazing for a retail price of $12K. Piegas I think are under-appreciated for what they do. I was floored.
Thank you for detail description and associated equipment (I am familiar with above mentioned gear).
However, I have not heard Piegas.....at least I don't remember if...or when.
Dennis, did you had a chance to listen to Usher Dancer 8571 II or Usher Dancer BE10 ??? I believe 8571 are in the same price range as Piegas. It would be interesting to hear a direct comparison between these two. I audition 8571 ones before, so ....I'm familiar with its performance.
It was a surprising experience to say the least.
It was the Be-718 monitor and Be-10 floorstander, both in the Dancer series. The Be-10 is one down from their flagship model, and is a bit more than the Piega retail. If you thought the Usher was great, you have to hear the Piega.