Amp and preamp on same outlet?

Just how much of a no-no is this? ARC goes as far to print in their manual to say to have the amp and preamp on their own circuit. I live in an apt. and I'm forced to have both plugged into the same outlet. Cords just don't reach....How much sound quality is lost by doing this? It sounds great as is, but is there a major detriment to this? I'm curious.
audiolover718
Mitch2,That is funny!, my amp got way to hot on just a single pole 20 amp breaker, krell told me that my amp was designed to run on single pole 30 amp breaker, guess what, I did what krell told me to do, my amp has incredible dynamic's, bigger sound stage and transparency, and now for the kicker, the amp never run's hot and operates smoother, my krell kick's a 20 amp in the Axx!
Thankyou Almarg for clearing thing's up for me, A very good job indeed, yes, I have to go about thing's different with my amp, also, a couple of good friend's here on audiogon confirmed what krell told me, why?, they own the Krell 750mcx mono block's, these guy's talk to me often to help me, they have even bigger than my amp, the 750mcx has the exact power supply as my amp, however, the mcx amps have two!, oem to oem, the 750mcx has a bigger sound stage, but with my modds,up-graded none oem caps through out, tweaked power supply, up-graded most transistor's to higher grade,etc... it should be awful close, cheers.
hello,

As per my manual:

A.C. POWER CONNECTIONS: It is important that the HD220 be connected via its supplied 20 amp IEC 12-gauge power cord to a secure, dedicated A.C. power receptacle. Never connect to convenience power receptacles on other equipment. Only use the power switch on the front of the HD220 for On/Off control of the amplifier, or the 12V start- up trigger for remote installations.
The AC power source for the HD220 amplifier should be capable of supplying 10 amperes for 100 or 120 volt units, or 5 amperes for 220 or 240 volt units.
For the very best performance on domestic 100 or 120 volt circuits, the HD220 should be connected to its own AC power circuit branch, protected by a 15 amp breaker. The preamplifier and other audio equipment should be connected to a different power circuit and breaker.

I have been not been up to date on this thread, because I've been enjoying the music too much! This statement is found in other models in the ARC range.

Cheers
Krell should be ashamed of themselves "IF" they are telling someone to install a 30 amp breaker when their equipment is designed and manufactured using a 15 or 20 IEC inlet connector connected to a NEMA rated 125V 15 or 20 amp plug by a cord that is designed to plug into a 15 or 20 amp NEMA rated 15 or 20 amp receptacle. Per code two or more 15 amp receptacles can be connected to a 20 amp branch circuit. To be a 20 amp branch circuit the breaker handle rating is 20 amps. Minimum wire size, #12 AWG. If a NEMA 20 amp receptacle is used the branch circuit must be a 20 amp, period. 20 amp breaker....

IF the Krell amp's FLA is 12 amps or less per UL,NEC,CSA, a NEMA rated 125V 5-15P amp plug can be used to power the amp. If over 12 amps but less than 16 amps a 20 amp NEMA rated 5-20P plug must be used.

If Krell equipment is UL listed I suggest they ask UL if it is ok to tell their consumers that for their amp to operated at its' best, as designed, the customer needs to change out the 20 amp branch circuit breaker in the electrical panel to a 30 amp. Doesn't matter if it is in violation of the local governing body electrical safety codes, UL, or NEC code.

Also it should be said in some states a company can be held libel in a court of law for injury or loss of life or property damage if it is proven they knowingly knew information they were giving to the buying consumer of their product violated electrical safety codes and or accepted electrical safety standards.

Disclaimer. I do not know if Krell is indeed telling customers to use a 30 amp breaker to feed the amp mentioned in this thread. If they are, they are grossly ignorant of accepted safety electrical standards.