YG Acoustic Kipods

These are the first speakers I've heard that have got me seriously thinking about giving up my Wilson W/P8s. I'm going to take them home this weekend for a comparison.

Any owners out there who can comment on their experience with this speaker?

Wilson bashers: please Save the World on some other thread unless you simply must prove that even the feeble-eared need a hero.
khrys
Just to set the record straight there is no MKII version of the Kipod. There is a version II of the Anat called the Anat Reference II. The Kipod does benefit from some of the technology in the Anat Ref II. If you are considering a speaker in the under $40K price range you should give the Kipod serious cosideration and a listen.

Disclaimer;

I am the YG Acoustics Dealer in Texas.
Heard this Kipod at the recent Rocky Mountain Audio Show 2007, suffice to say that for $40k/pair, it has some very serious competitors.
I am considering the YG acoustics line (either Reference Studio or Kipod) for my new listening room. Thanks to all who have posted here-- very helpful. Was curious with the active speakers needing direct interconnect, how do most of you have setup? Do you run 2 interconnects per channel from your preamp (i.e., one for the amp to drive the passive portion of the YGs, and one directly to the subwoofer portion of the YGs)? Or, do you split the interconnect signal from the preamp? My pre has both XLR and RCA outs which I could use both to cable the YGs.

Just curious as I haven't had experience with (partially) active speakers.

Vjayh, I have Anat Studio Reference II speakers. I run one interconnect per channel from each speaker to the Pre-out of my integrated VAC amplifier. It happens that I am using RCA terminations, but the subwoofer modules of the Anats will accept either RCAs or XLRs. There is a small external switch that should be set to either RCA or XLR. Various cable manufacturers offer subwoofer cables, but I haven't had time to experiment with them as yet. In any case, with the Anats you need two cables, one for the right channel, the other for the left. It is a painless and, insofar as I can see, a foolproof operation.
Vjayh, It occurs to me that I may not have worded my reply to you as clearly as I might. When I talk about "one interconnect per channel from each speaker," I am talking about the subwoofer drivers. You need one interconnect cable for each subwoofer. The upper modules, which contain the tweeters and mid-woofers, are connected in the usual way -- that is, a pair of speaker cables from each upper module to the amp. So each channel of the tweeter-mid-woofers reuires a pair of speaker cables, and each subwoofer channel (each lower module) requires one interconnect cable, to connect your preamp to the dedicated subwoofer amp that is in the lower module. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my first posting.
More to discover