Avalon Ascendants - How is the treble?

Avalon Ascendants are on my list of speakers to look into, but there aren't any nearby to listen to. (Houston, TX) From the few descriptions I've read, they sound like they would have lots of detail, and yet that they are somewhat laid back and non-fatiguing. My ears seem to be easily fatigued, especially by anything approaching brightness. I'm living fairly happily with some Harbeth M30's, but might enjoy something with a bit fuller and more detailed bottom end, in particular (although I recognize that different model Harbeths should be included in my "must listen before buying" mix). The Avalons seem like an intriguing mystery to me...very well regarded, but not a lot of concrete information about their sound. Anybody have any comments?
eweedhome
Are you talking anout the new Ascendants (with the ceramic tweeter), or the old ones, with aluminium ones ?
Since I don't know much about the Ascendants, I confess I didn't know there were aluminum vs ceramic tweeters. If I were to buy a pair, I assume they would be new, so I guess I am more interested in opinions about the ceramic tweeters, although I'm curious to learn about the differences in the two tweeters as well.

Thanks for your response.
Avalon changed their design in the late 2006. I have only heard the older ones (with alu tweeter) and they indeed sounded somewhat laid back and non-fatiguing. I haven't hard the new Ascendants, but I wouldn't expect them to sound much different, since all Avalons sound like that.
I heard both models on same VTL setup (few months apart though) and the newer version is less polite and laid-back than the original, for the better IMHO. They still image like crazy but now the amount of details retrieved is greatly improved and translates into a more open and exciting sound - still Avalon right and relax though, not your average Cerwin Vega!!!! I like them A LOT.