System upgrade advice

My current setup is okay but the high end is too shrill. Some may call it sibilant. Its driving me nuts. My setup is:

Proceed PRE preamp
Rotel RB 1080 2 ch. amp
Oppo BDP-95
Paradigm Studio 60 v2

It does seem that the Paradigm tweeter is where the issue is since I also connected them to a Yamaha AV. The Yamaha toned it down a bit but the whole sound went down a notch. I'm considering replacing them with maybe some used speakers around $2.5k (pair) like some B&W 804s. If I did that, would I have totally out classed the Rotel and Proceed?

Looking some general advice or similar stories. Tired of my ears bleeding

Thanks.
vjb
Just remember, that when you go to demo speakers in a store, to ask the representative to connect them to electronics that are the same as or very close to your electronics.

Also, if you are allowed to take the demo speakers home to test, so much the better.

The worst thing is to listen to something in the store on equipment nowhere close to yours, in a room totally different than yours, purchase it, take it home and it is not right. Sounds totally different in your home with your electronics than it did in the store.

take your time and try to match the equipment in the store demo if possible.

enjoy
01-27-15: Bo1972
The Infinity have very poor crossovers. The 804 has also not great crossovers. But those of the Infinity are really poor. I owned them in the past!!
Yeah, and the Ren 90's still kick the 804's butt.
The Infinity is a fun speaker, I owned 2 different ones in the past. But when I started in 1998 in audio I learned how instruments sound and how small and direct they are in proportion. I changed eveything. i remember that I sold my last Kappa 100 loudspeakers a few months after I started to work in audio.
The Proceed PRE Preamp is the culprit and is known to lean towards sounding bright, even a reviewer of the Proceed Pre mentioned not to couple this preamp with highly revealing speakers for example like horns.
Bo1, the Kappa 100's are not in the same league as the Rens which are classics.