ATC active speakers, owners please give input

Seriously considering the ATC active 20s. Any of you who own/owned these had problems with the built-in amplifiers? And how do you like the sound? Thanks for responses.
celtic66
I've owned the ATC 20-2's for 2 1/2 years. Very nice monitors and absolutely trouble-free. You should use the best preamp you can afford on these monitors. The sound is extremely neutral meaning very little coloration. You will hear the music as it was recorded; sometime very good and sometimes bad. The bass is tight and articulate; midrange and treble are excellent as well.

Jim
I have owned active ATC's for 8 years - never a problem so far. They run Class A until 2/3 power. If you are not familiar with actives be prepared for a level of detail that some may describe as tiring or too forward. Also the bass response will be a shock...unlike most designs the dome mid range keeps balance with the bass...so this will be perceived as being bass light compared to what you are probably more familiar with.

Not everyone's cup of tea. Not at all impressive at thunderous boomy bass (disappointing if you expect that kind of thing) but impressive in transients and drums, which sound convincingly accurate. Mid detail is the distinguishing feature compared to others.

I would say the 20's can fill a modest sized room easily....heeps of SPL...large rooms (25 foot dimensions or more) may need something a bit bigger, depending on your tastes.
My ownership experience is with the (4ea.) SCM20ASL-Pro's and the (2ea.) SCM100ASL Pro's, both active versions. In the 10+ years of ownership the performance has been flawless, read high quality. Bring money, as you may already understand if your casting around in this monitors league. Cheers, Mike