High level input

From my Mcintosh MC352 I am running speaker cables to my PD80's then jumping to the high level inputs of the built in sub amps. If, for example, the MC352 is pushing 200watts per channel, is half or that power being used to signal the sub amps? Am I wasting power just to send a signal or do the sub amps somehow filter out a line level signal? I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
nuguy
I actually had the red peak lights flash on the MC when I did the test. Both meters were running with the peak hold activated. The MCs needles were almost stuck at the high end of the scale. If the meters on the MC are accurate I would have been pushing the 350 watt per channel envelope. I know it doesn't seem right but that's what I am reading. Maybe I am doing something wrong. You would think using pink noise would be more stable and give you a more accurate reading, but I dont really want to hear 120db of it.

My room may play a role in all of this as well, you'd have to see it. Custom built home with a WIDE open floorplan.
Post removed 
It surprises me that I am getting such low readings, but believe me it is VERY loud, However, I agree, I will call Ty and report back.

Thanks
Congratulations!
You two have just won the Golden Propeller Hat Award!

http://www.brooklynpeddler.com/images/prophat.jpg

We have yet to get it "goldened" but I assure you that it is in the works (right after cryo-treatment).

:)
Post removed