Fine Tuning Vandersteen 5s An offer gone missing

Awhile back I purchased a pair of Vandersteen 5's and I inquired regarding placement, etc., etc. As anyone who has these knows, there are a host of room contour adjustments that can be done. There are 11 adjustment "pots" for bass contour which generally require the use of an SPL meter and test CD to set accurately. One fine Audiogonner said in an e-mail that he had a very good way to accomplish these adjustments by "ear" and that I should contact him once I was fully satisfied with the speaker placement, cables, etc. Now, the e-mail (and address) has gone missing. Would that member be so kind as to contact me again? Of course, I would also welcome comment and advice from others. Thanks
4yanx
BTW, Charlie, I'm not giving you the satisfaction of returning the filthy, childish, and totally ridiculous message you sent me through this site. You really should be ashamed of yourself and banned from the site, if I had my way. Given other people’s reaction to most of your posts, I am not alone. Too bad some people don't have the guts to speak with their own regular names and have to create another to be so despicable.
Well, so that people don't think I am totally insane, some guy that I gather was supposed to already be banned made a smart-mouthed post in this thread and then sent to me a filthy and rather psychotic message through this site. Audiogon has removed his post without explanation, which leaves my earlier comments somewhat meaningless. In that sense, nothing new! ;-)
I am more than willing to assist you in the SW/laptop approach, and I'm sure it can be done coast to coast, via email, or depending on the interest, here online. Another AGON member recently assisted me in a rather complex AC system of dedicated lines and isolation tranformers, and this would be a way of passing on the favor. Feel free to contact me.
I was under the impression that Mr. Vandersteen recommended the use of warble tones to help setup his line of speakers due to their time/phase corrected design. If this is the case, does that mean that the Rives CD would not fit the bill?
Warble tones are useful for two reasons, and apply equally well to any type of speaker. At low frequencies you lesson the chance of measuring directly on top of a specific room resonance and overcorrecting in that region. At high frequencies you lesson the chance of measuring directly on top of a specific comb filtering narrow peak or valley and again overcorrecting. While the phenomina are different, the result is the same.

Using pink noise for measurement can also be useful because it excites all room resonances simultaneously, including those harmonics which add together at any specific frequency. If you have an RTA, play a single bass note down around 63 hz on your test disk, and observe the resulting frequency distribution on the RTA. It will be bell shaped from 31.5 to several hundred hz, due to a combination of the instrument harmonics and the room resonances that are excited.