2-channel listening with a sub-woofer

Is anyone using a subwoofer for 2-channel listening? Have you ever heard a subwoofer for 2-channel listening?

If so, did the sub integrate seamlessly with the speakers? What sub was it?

When using a subwoofer, is it no longer important for the 2-channel amp to be able to drive the woofers?

For 2-channel, is a sub with a 15 inch driver faster than one with an 18 inch driver?

(say a 15 inch Velodyne DD vs an 18 inch Velodyne DD.
128x128mitch4t
I recently auditioned a pair of Vandersteen 2CE sigs without and later with one vandy 2wq sub....BIG difference...BIG difference, and for the better. It added a sort of relaxed, ease & fullness to the sound. I liked it, alot.

Maybe using a sub in a 2-channel setup is a personal preference thing (like most everything else in audio..I always thoughts subs in 2 channel setups were fairly common), but after hearing the (very positive)difference a sub can make, it sounds like something is missing without one(no pun intended).

I'm looking to pick one up...it's next on the list.
I use a Velodyne HGS-15 with a pair of KEF 104/2s. Frequencies below 80 Hz are shunted to the sub. Integration is seamless, and the KEFs sound more transparent and seem to generate a larger soundstage with the sub. And that subtle sense of vibration you experience in live pipe organs recitals is well reproduced. For 5.1, a center speaker and a pair of KEF 102/2s are switched in. But I prefer music in stereo.

db
well it depends wether or not the enclosure is sealed or ported and how much power your amp puts out also the siize of the cabinets that house the drivers.I run 2-channel wiith 4 15"sealed subs and i have 375 watts going to each cabinet(it`s actully 2 15" in each per cabinet in a isobaric configuration)anyways my bad boys haul ass PS.If you want more details on my design you can text me at 416 809 8289 be more than happy to share