Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors/Cremona - Integ Amp

Hi,

Owners of Sonus Faber Cremona and Cremona Auditors....Can you please help me by letting me know the Integrated Amps (or) Preamp-Amp combo you use in your 2 channel set-up ?

Thanks
Grakesh
grakesh
The Rowland amps are quite lifeless, but clean. Sterile, dry, toneless. I am characterizing this relatively. They particularly sound this way into 4 ohm speakers. I have heard JR on Cremona Auditors and thought the resulting sound lacked body, tone, and dynamic expression. It just didn't sound like music, which I know the Auditors are capable of. In an integrated, the Mac MA6900 is far better for that speaker.

Phil
Phil, I auditioned the Mac. I bought the Rowland. I am not gettting the results you describe. Perhaps its your front end or cables creating your problem.
I was using a Pass Labs X-1 linestage and VAC PA-160 MkII power amps. The VAC's were run with 6CA7 output tubes in triode. In truth, I could use a bit more power but the sound was all you could ask for.
I have owned Cremonas and Auditors together and still have the latter and have used the SF Musica and Pathos Classic 1 Mk2 which were excellent, but by far the most enjoyable for me to date with these two speakers has been the Unison Research Performance intergrated.
Scottsman,

There was no problem with the front end or cables when I listened to Rowland and Mac autoformer amps on the same systems. Some people prefer the Rowland sound, IME. I'm not one of them and simply report why and what I hear. And what I describe has been consistent with Rowland in any combination of gear I've heard them in. They carry a distinct signature that apparently resonates with some folks. It is a clean, analytical, clinical sound that works for some. Rowland amplification to me, whether ICE or normal topology, hasn't risen above hifi sound and has lacked tone evident in the acoustics of real instruments. But its sins are of more of omission than commission, to my ears. That is, they do not introduce fatigue factors or obvious distortions. In the overall scheme of things, good amps well made. Compared to Mac autoformer amps, not in the same league by my evaluation.

Phil