Isolation for speakers on spikes

A friend recently gave me some Vibrapod isolation discs to put under my speakers, B&W 704. The effect was amazing, however I believe that by removing the spikes the speakers lost a lot of their quickness, and with some music they sound even a little muddy and dull. I tried resting a board on the pods, and the speakers with spikes on top of that, but that didn't work out. How can I get the best of both worlds--the great isolation benefits but also maintain the quickness and clarity that spikes deliver?
rfprice
So folks, do you put the spikes between the speaker and the slab or under the slab? I have a pair of KEF 104/2s on fairly heavy carpet, and I use 2" hardwood slabs below the speakers, because the front heavy design -- the mid-range and high-frequency drivers are mounted in a separate enclosure that hangs on the front of the main encloure -- makes the speakers a bit unstable on carpet. I bought the KEFs used and notice that they have holes in the bottom presumably to receive spikes. I have wondered about putting spikes under the slabs to really tie things down.

db
I have the slabs resting on the carpet.Have considered putting cones under the slabs but i dont really want to lift the tweeter higher as it would be above my listening position.