Does having an object inbetween the speakers bad?

Hi, I am unsatisfied with the soundstaging of my current setup. In particular I am not getting the 3d soundstage (depth) that I would like. Currently, I have my audio rack in between my speakers. Rack itself is about 3 ft tall. Could having this rack in between my speakers be causing my lack of soundstaging?

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!
128x128tboooe
I have a large bigscreen TV between my speakers and it makes no difference whatsoever. I rolled it down the other end of the room and A/B'd the difference. None that I and my "golden eared" buddies could hear.

It's a big bugger too, 65" Mitsu. Picture in my system link. I always thought I'd be better off with nothing between the speakers...........goes to show that is not always the case.

Best,

Paul :-)
As this thread might indicate as it has progressed, the larger the better. If you have the room I'd recommend putting a small tugboat in between your speakers. If space is an issue, perhaps a piece of farm machinery like a thresher or a combine. Either one will make you think you were wearing some of those carboard red and blue 3-d movie glasses on your ears! Whoohaaa, now we're talking "sound stage"!!

Marco

PS....If you go for the tug or farm machinery solution, don't try running the engine in either one while you are listening to music. It'll ruin the 3-d effect.
I think 3ft is shoft enough not to present problems in most rooms. I believe how high the rack is positioned in relation to he height of the speaker drivers and of course the distance of the rack away from the speakers play an important role as well.

Removing the rptv in the middle has been one of the best sonic upgrade for me personally.
cables play a big part
the acoustic zen speaker and interconnects image very well

I bought a couple of diffusers to put between my speakers and tv - the tv is back slightly from the front of the drivers. Von Schweikert's image so well you don't notice the tv

Tom
A slight twist...not sure if it's different, but as long as the topic is up...

I've been thinking about a new arrangement for my system that would have the speakers a foot (no more) off the long wall(15 feet). The speakers are designed to have their backs close to the wall, 6-12 inches. In between the speakers would be a six-panel oriental screen that's around 6.5 tp 7 feet wide when set up in the normal mild zig-zag. The screen would be as close to the wall as possible, sort of like this -->

....|spker|...../ \ / \ / \.....|spker|....

The screen panels are 15 inches wide, anyone that seen a series of these panels can imagine what they might look like when setup in a shallow zig-zag(shallower than the characters above). I know there's nothing like the real thing and testing it, but the topic is up so...