Totem Model 1 Vs. Hawk

Anybody ever do a comparision?

After stands they cost almost the same. Anybody have any opinions on the pros/cons of either besides the idea that the hawks will play louder/lower.

Thanks
baroque_lover
I posted this in another thread as well. I am posting it again to see your responses in this active thread. My budget is 3500 - 4000...can go Integrated or separates way based on system synergy and value for the dollar. I am considering these combinations as of now and will need to audition them in the near future.

1. New Primaluna Prologue 3 preamp with Musical Fidelity A5 CR power-amp (New/Used).

2. New BAT VK-3iX preamp with USED Musical Fidelity A5 CR Power Amp

3. New BAT VK-3iX Preamp with USED BAT VK-250 / VK-350 power amp.

4. New Plinius 9200 Integrated

5. New Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.

6. New BAT VK-300x Integrated.

7. Sim Audio I-3 / I-5 is another good choice. But I am not considring it highly because it is low on power amp portion and I want to use ths same set-up for powering my HT fronts as well.

8. Unison Research Unico which got amazing reviews and has good references for system synergy with Totem Hawks / Forests. But again just like sim audio , the power may be on the lower end for it to work as a power amp for my HT needs

Can you guys throw some light on these system synergies with Totem Hawks / Forests ?

Thanks
Grakesh

PS: BTW...Is there any Tube Pre-Amp from Unison Research that falls into 1000 - 2000 dollar segment ? I know olny Unison Research Unico which is a Hybrid Stereo Integrated Amplifier.
I'm still a little perplexed by this kinda statement:

"The Hawk is inefficient so you will need an amplifier that sports high amperage and a watt minumum of around 60 per channel. The Sim I-5 is an excellent 'budget' piece of equipment for the Hawk and can match well. Still, you are only getting a faint idea of what this speaker is capable of."

How can an an amp be an "excellent" choice for the Hawks, and yet only "faintly" give an idea of their potential? They either are not an excellent (budget...? at $3k new for a $3k new speaker?) match or they do a better than faint job of revealing the Hawks. I get confused at such strong descriptors.

It's interesting how you get these different points of views about the same products (I-5 & Hawks).

- walkman
Grakesh...don't hijack the thread please.

Anyways, so far my listening done I am in favour of the Hawks. There balance is almost perfect, and cohesivness is something to write home about. Its still early and I will write a longer review in a few days. So far the Hawks have proven to be the better speaker. I may even prefer them to the Forests.
Very interesting Baroque_Lover. Keep the impressions coming...thanks, - walkman