Do people don't care or don't know?

I am told that that audiophiles like us are a dying breed but after occasionally having my non-audiophiles friends coming over my place, without exception all of them were very impressed and all wanted to have a system like mine. But the financial burden and spousal disapproval are what usually hold them back from the purchase. One evening a friend of mine told me that after having listen to a supposedly 70K system, he wanted to cry because the music and sound really touched his heart.

So I guess most people are just not awared of what a good system should sound like and are deprived of some good music.
andy2
I agree with Mor2bz that nowaday a good system can be had for a relatively cheap price. And if you want to purchase used, the cost can be as much as half as new. It's hard to imagine money is a factor since you know ther sort of things people are buying nowaday. I think we are more or less done with the SUV buying craze (thanks to the rising gas price) so I can only imagine what's going to be next.

I personally don't know anyone who doesn't like music (whatever music they may prefer) and it's only logical (assuming that people are logical) that people would want a cool system to make music listening more enjoyable. Those who say they don't care either are lying or too ignorant/insecure to admit so since I do know people who is afraid (for lack of a better word) of classical music much like sunlight to vampires.
Eldarado,

Every audiophile does have one! It is just composed of different manufacturers, different models and years in different combinations. With the option to change as perfection changes! SIMPLE?!
Mor2bz:

Since I'm stuck with one of those modern rooms with wallboard, windows, hardwood floor, etc, what is it that you are suggesting be done? It's our living room, so it is NOT going to be stuffed full of bass traps. A rug covers about half the floor, there's a chair and a couch. A few Eighth Nerve products in the corners knocked down the "tizziness." I've tried a couple of Real Traps MondoTraps; they're large and not conducive to domestic harmony.

Practical suggestions are welcome.
Fedreaams,

Thanks for reinforcing the thoughts of my post. If you look at [email protected]'s post you will see what I was talking about. Thanks again.
My response, people don't care. I've had countless guests, relatives, friends and the like and they all had their jaws drop to the ground when they hear my system. They're all amazed with the clarity, soundstaging, presence and they all asked where I hid the center channel. I am gratified when they ask me to spin more albums and they sit there grinning in disbelief (I have a turntable). But I'm thoroughly disappointed when nobody asks where, what and how they can assemble a system like mine. Mind you, most of these people can afford a 10K-30K system. But, like I said, they just don't care. Recently one of my Uncles, after hearing my system, bought a Bose Acoustic Wave the very next day. He said he just couldn't get enough "good sound" after hearing my system. At last, I touched someone's audiophile side. I just need to pretend that I am not disappointed that he spent $1500 on a Bose Acoustic Wave.