DK Design Group X-Dream - wow

Has anybody seen the review on the DK Design Group X-Dream speakers?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/dkdesignsf7.htm

I better start saving up.
betterthencrack
Holy Back from the dead thread!

Thank you Larry for enlightening us as to the speaker. I did however get to converse via email with Mr. Olsen, the reviewer you mentioned, as well as the reviewer of DK's next speaker creation, the successor to the X-dream. I talked with 2 actual owners, however I was never given a chance to hear the speaker, on the many occasions I tried, while visiting in Florida. There was always some some problem getting an audition, then complete silence from the manufacturer after many attempts.

I responded last night, well...at 4:14am this morning, privately. Now, I'll elaborate on my last email.

He stated:

"I talked with 2 actual owners, however I was never given a chance to hear the speaker..."

Again, there are no multiple owners. The cabinets were subcontracted to an aerospace design firm, and only ONE pair of cabinets was ever made, and the XDREAM, later LSA10 was discontinued in Feb. 2007. (See LSA's Website)
Upon purchasing the 'assets' of DK Design, I contacted the company which had done the aluminum work for the speakers, (that was their sole task)only to find out that the speakers were being held, until the significant invoice for their work was paid, a 'mechanic's lien' if you will.
I had many lengthy conversations with this company and then obtained their files which clearly showed that only one pair existed...no second gunman, for those who suspect anything else.
After paying their invoice, I, along with John Tucker of Exemplar, who I had hired to head up engineering, examined the cabinets. It was then that we discovered that there was simply no way ANYONE had ever heard these speakers. One example, there was no pathway for wires, no way for a crossover to have ever been placed inside, OR even outside the cabinets. No binding posts, it goes on like this. We were pretty stunned to say the least.
It was then that John began to work to select the best crossover components available, and I selected the drivers for the speakers. BTW, the 'photos' of the speakers, were computer generated, no actual drivers were ever in the cabinets! So I selected among the very best drivers from all over the globe (subjective, but I had very specific requirements as to the crossover points as well as the slopes that I wanted to employ, and these drivers were the best for that particular crossover and slope).
After the crossovers were complete, John came to Louisville, and we assembled them in my home.
The crossovers were enormous, given that the air core inductors, to name one part, were huge... HUGE.
After several hundred hours of playing, they began to sound as they ultimately would, which is to say, again the 'best' I have ever heard.
We took them to Denver, to the Rocky Mountain Audiofest in October of that year. Those who heard them early on, were impressed, but not blown away. The issue was that we were using an amp which was, while excellent, completely underpowered for driving this loudspeaker. Later in the show, we switched to the Statement LSA Amplifier and the sound was remarkable.
I hope that this puts this saga to bed.

I am still waiting, some two years plus later, to hear from Jimmy Olsen of Positive Feedback about his 'review', but he has yet to return any of my (then) frantic emails. Who knows, maybe he's out with Lois Lane or Clark.
Best,

Larry R. Staples
Do the Polymer Audio speakers, raved by Jim Olson of PF, exist? The speaker was designed "under the vision and direction" of the same individual from DK Audio, Daniel Khesin. Price is the same as the X-Dream, $25K.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue34/polymer_logic.htm
Seems to me that it is just another 'enclosed speaker' with an exotic price tag that went as easily as it came.