OHM Speakers

Does anybody have recent experience with this manufacturer?

If so;
Which speakers?
How do they perform?
What do they do excepptionally well?
What are their weaknesses?
What other speakers did you compare them to in deciding to purchase/keep them? etc.
What source, amplification, cables etc. are you finding have great synergy with the Ohm speakers?

Please share your experience with us.

www.ohmspeakers.com
barrelchief
•MicroWalsh Tall
•They perform very well in both music and film (2 channel only).
•Exceptional performance*: Boxless sound (they disappear), neutral, beautiful mid-range, very smooth and integrated through the frequency range, large sweet spot, very easy to place, can easily handle high dB levels.
•Weakness: Not quite as pinpoint imaging as I'm used to with dynamic designs. Veneer finish is nice, but not quite the same level as some others that I've seen.
•Other speakers considered: Meadowlark Kestrel, Swift, Kestrel 2. Dynaudio Audience 62, Vandersteen 1C, Proac Tablette and Studio 100, B&W 704 and 705, Magnepan 1.6, Paradigm Studio 20 and 60, Audio Physic Yara, psb Stratus Bronze, Totem Arro and Hawk.
•I'm using a McIntosh MA 6200 Integrated, Sony SACD/DVD player, Rega Planar 2 turntable with Kimber 4TC/ PBJ cables.

*Other pluses : customer service is the best that I've seen, lifetime upradeability and a handmade speaker delivered to my door from Brooklyn.
>Walsh 5
>Great performancer, boxless sound, neutral, very nice mid-range, very smooth, they do not hurt your ears no matter how loud you play them, do not need a sub-wolfer, seamless from top to bottom, large sweet spot, and very easy to place.
>There coherent, no listening fatiuge.
>Need LOTS of ss power, they do take a very long time to break-in.
>Von Schweikert VR4 GEN.111.
>Sunfire Signature amp. Legacy pre-amp. and 12 gauge solid copper wire.
I owned Ohm Walsh 4's from 1985-1995.
Great speakers.
Great customer service from Ohm. I had a slight problem (one speaker sounded louder than the other); Ohm sent me a new "top" for no charge.
The surrounds rotted and the voice coils burned out and it brought me to tears to get rid of them.
On the other hand, they went to shit in ten years.

Here's the long story, I'm bored:
I'm a Magnepan/Nht1259(home-rolled) fan now. Also experimenting with VMPS at present, jury still out on VMPS,though I'd venture that they are too difficult to be fun for me. I'd snap up a pair of Ohm's in a heartbeat--except that they have just gotten really expensive. Those $300 Magnepans on top of a gigantic, hated-by-the-wife woofer like the NHT1259 (each box is six cubic feet internally!) sound better. And I suppose they should, as the woofer boxes weigh 200 pounds each. Have I mentioned my wife hates them. Totally punchy, though, and she knows it.
Let me know if you find a deal on some Ohms. I figure around $1000 a pair I'd be interested. But they do fry voice coils and surrounds after a decade or two, like most speakers.
Paul"I'm getting old, dammit"