More on the VR4seIII

The instructions I read when I recieved mine state that if your into rock,heavy metal you need to bi-amp these speakers. I earlier asked what are people useing successfully with these speakers ,and see nowhere that users are bi-amping. I dont feel Im geting the best out of mine thus the reason for asking for help. Has anyone run a tube amp for the top, and solid state for the bottom. Im considering getting the RM 200 for the top and maybe Belles 150A HR for the bottom. Or Bel Canto for the bottom, or Halo for the bottom. See what I mean? Im not sure ,please advise if you would. Thanks Map1
map1
Drhst20, thanks for the input. I checked out your system by the way, very empressive. You are one of many that suggest the JC1, must be a great amp, if your famialer with my threads, what Im searching for is liquid so thick you could cut it with a knife. Image float correct soundstage all while maintaining detail through all the frequencies, not much I know but I know its out there. I want goosebumps. Is the Jc1 going to do that? I know your very happy with your system, and since all this is a little like ice cream, every body likes a differant flavor. So what Im asking is your system giveing you that thick rich 3 deminsional sound that Im talking about? Yes I do want the amp to take over and drive the speaker, and get that kind of bass control that you have. Take over might not be the right words, but it will or will not make your speakers disappear into the kind of soundstage that your looking for. Would you still recommend the Jc1 for liquid goose bumps over power?
I do not think you will get "liquid so thick you could cut it with a knife" our of the JC-1's. I can only think of one amp that will give you absolute control with that kind of midrange..and that is the Lamm 1.2 Ref (a great but expensive amp). Other less powerful amps may do that, but you need some power to drive the VR4's. It really sounds like you are going to need some tubes. I prefer a less tube like sound in favor of absolute transparancy. And you are absoultly right, everyone likes a different flavor. Good luck on your search.
I was wondering has anyone found that useing Von-Schwiekerts ribbon foil wire hooked up to these speakers to make a significant differance one way or the other? As opposed to any other good Hi-end wire?
Drhst20: based on the "liquid so thick" quote I will have to agree LAMM M1.1, M1.2, as a Lamm owner I can attest because I'm willing to listen to a Class A amp in Phoenix during the summer!

VTL450/750

There is not a cheap high current option here to get what you want but there is Agon to buy it used.

Goodluck
Drhst20, It sounds like youve heard exactley what Im talking about.Im not real sure alot of the fine people who have been trying very generousley to help me have. This is not a veiled muted, or in any way phoney sound,and I know first hand that you do not have to have all tube to get it. Ill explain later. This is dynamic foot stomping live you are there bliss. Image float. You can here the guitar string plucked, and then it will expand depending on the amount of sustain the musician is useing. The soundstage is in front rather than pulling you on stage with them. Yet you are enveloped into almost a bubble of the entire event, and yes delicate when needed also.Point is the bass will come up off the floor and kick you in the chest, and the music seems to push itself right out of the speakers that arnt there anymore and right through your soul.Some notes feel as if you could actualy reach up and pull them out of the air. Like liquid music, and no Im not on drugs right now> If I tell you what I experienced this on your all going to want to hang me! I had this bliss for two weeks on my then system, and was never able to get it back. Thats why Im here now.I have to close now but Ill kiss anyone who can figure out how to help me get it back at anywhere near what that system Im talking about retailed for. Less than 4000.00 Anybody want a kiss. Im looking at 5 times that in front of me right now so you have a headstart, getting closer, but still not there yet. Thats my mission in life now.HA-HA, its really not funny though because its driveing me crazy.
More to discover