Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
If you can wait for them to be built as they are built to order by Rick Reimer himself, they are outstanding and efficient. Call Rick if you're unsure, he's a great guy.
the heil driver oskar Kitharas. Bar none my favorite speaker i have ever heard in the under 10k range. heil driver runs from 700hz to 23khz, and a 10" bass driver handles from 700 down to 26ish. very coherent, very realxing very ugly :) well, i like the looks, but no one else seems to!

cheers
I agree with 'Infinite', Magnepan, started by Audio Research almost 30 years ago, hardly qualifies as secret.
A recently reborn company, (after a tragic flood almost took them out forever is making a big comeback) which was never an advertiser of any amount previously, and never had a very large dealer base, is Von Schweikert. I'll bet that very few of the (my fellow) audio nuts out there, have even heard them. Recently they've gotten some well deserved good press. Worth looking into for sure. Musical is the word to describe them. And, after all, colorations aside, that's what were all looking for: i.e. do they sound like music? Nothing does, but they are closing that gap. By the way, Sound Labs, is in about the same category. Not for everyone given their size and price, but excellent, excellent speakers, owned by the epitome of class, Roger West. He is a good man too, and takes wonderful care of his customers.
Good Listening,
Larry
Well, how ab out the company that has smoked every loudspeaker company out there the last 2 years at CES. Who could that be???...VMPS??? Yes!!!!!......No one ever seems to refer to this company for high end loudspeakers. Yet they have won best loudspeaker two years in a row at CES. Last year with a loudspeaker (RM-40) that retails for 4800.00. You really can't argue with these results.