Jadis Eurythmie - Anyone ever listen to them?

Has anyone ever had the chance to own or spend time listening to Jadis Eurythmie speakers? Any thoughts/opinions? All commentary appreciated. Thanks, Travis
t_bone
The Jadis Eurythmie a.k.a. Jadis J1? Anyone?

Aside: Does anyone have a copy of the Stereophile review (1996?) they could summarize or paraphrase?

The reason I ask is that I have access to a REALLY good deal on a used pair (just now noticed a pair for sale on Audiogon - that's not the pair I'm thinking of!). I listened to them in an unbelievably bad room in the dealer's shop which, in addition to its acoustic faults (low ceiling, glass side wall and back wall, speakers stuffed in the corners, linoleum floor, hard back wall, not a single soft thing in the room, etc), was far too small for the speakers and despite that, I walked away really impressed after having a stupid grin on my face for 90 minutes of foot-tapping. I did it again this evening and had the same stupid grin.

My initial impressions:
- extremely coherent and seamless presentation (despite having 3 crossover points) - the music just flows from the speakers;
- completely non-fatiguing - I have never found a speaker as easy to listen to as this. Perhaps this is NOT a good thing but I am not experienced in these things. I had not thought it "difficult" to listen to music at home, but these seem to produce a different level of "musical whole-ness" than my Martin Logan SL3s and are just plain "easy to listen to".
- excellent at low volumes but they beg to be turned up. In fact, I could not turn them up enough to make them "annoying" (just annoyingly loud), despite excellent treble extension from the super-tweeters. I could not imagine doing that with lots of speakers. Is this a horn thing?
- really fantastic bass
- really great note decay
- they are big and they would visually dominate a room, even a big one. This one is a baddie but... what can ya do?

Why do I ask and not just do the "just listen and make up my own mind" thing? For one, I wouldn't mind knowing that just one other person in the world had owned them and enjoyed them. I also wouldn't mind knowing that there are no glaring problems which I missed b/c of the room I listened in.
Lucky guy !

I listened to them in 1996 with all-Jadis equipment.

I was totally blown away. We played CD's after CD's for more than an hour.

If could, I would have bought it right there and then.

I hope you'll decide to go for it - and enjoy. For me, alas, it will stay as dream.
While I have not listened to the Eurythmie, I can say everything Jadis I have come across has been incredible. Certainly at least as good as what is available.

I may sound like a broken record but it is a crying shame what has happened to the brand in North America.
Thanks Ikarus & Trelja for your comments,
I did decide to go for it after a weekend of a home demo and for the last two weeks have been listening to the Jadis Eurythmie 11s in my system most every day. They are wonderful! The speakers lend a "fullness" and "live-ness" to music that was not there with my Martin Logan SL3s (above and beyond the excellent bass they have which the MLs do not). We were not at all unhappy with the Martin Logans, and had not been looking for new speakers. The Martin Logans constantly impressed us with their ability to reproduce detail and seductive midrange. We have since had our standards changed. The Eurythmies are 'seductive' in all parts of the audible range and neither dazzle with detail nor with euphonic (or honky) midrange but make beautiful music with all the detail I am used to (and more in most cases (especially in the super high frequencies and bass, where the detail and body is absolutely fabulous)). My wife and I remain flabbergasted with the speakers' ability to create the desire to get up and dance. We are extremely happy with them.

I had feared that our high-watt VTL push-pull monoblocks would not mate very well with high efficiency (96db) speakers. My fears were misplaced. Last night I had an unpleasant surprise in that an output tube blew on the VTLs so I was forced to use my only back up amp, a reasonably well-regarded SET amp (13W EAR 859) and when listening today, I realize now that the VTLs did surprisingly well. Today, after leaving a friend (who is musically-oriented but not equipment-oriented) with his jaw on the floor, my wife took me aside saying that something was really lacking with the EAR. Even at 96db efficiency, the speakers really need more, and my feeling is that the VTLs are perhaps slightly overkill but 50W/ch would certainly not be and something close to that is probably necessary to get the best out of the bass (perhaps I finally have experienced the idea that I believe Agon member Sean once wrote about, saying that ability to provide real, deep-down power helps a lot of speakers where you might not expect it).

I hope others are enjoying their music as much as I am,
Travis