amp & preamp for acapella violon

I would appreciate your recommendations for an amp & preamp
to use with my newly acquired Acapella high Violons with the
sub active bass. The speakers are still breaking in and have about 40 hours on them. My initial impressions are superb (specially the midrange horns and the plasma tweeters). I have a problem with the bass as I am currently
driving them with the Audio Aero Prestige single ended mono
blocks which do not seem to have enough power to control the
lower frequencies. The rest of the system consists of:
DCS Verdi/Purcell/Elgar Plus all with the DSD firewire
Hovland pre
Kimber Select 1030 interconnects and digital cables
Kimber Select 3038 speaker cables
various Shunyata power cords

The amplifiers and preamps I have in mind are
Halcro dm58/68 and Halcro dm10 pre
Edge Signature mono blocks and Wyetech Opal pre
Chord SPM 6000 mono blocks and top of the line Chord pre
Audio Research ref 300mk2 and ref 2mk2 pre

If anybody has experience with tube amps like the Tenors or
Vaics or Wavacs or any other high powered single ended triodes (which I prefer) on these speakers pls respond ASAP

Likely additions to the system in the near future will be
either the Clearaudio Master Reference turntable (with the
Clearaudio arm) or the Simon Yorke turntable to replace my
current SOTA Star Saphire & Alphason arm setup. My cartridge
which is the Koetsu Onyx Saphire will stay with system.

Thanks and happy new year to all in advance.
jbaruh
Hello, we are also an Acapella dealer and show the Violon High's as our main reference speaker with the Wavac 833's. The Violon's do require a good 100 watts to really shine, and I would stick with quality tube amps to get the goods! I have tried solid state and it just doesn't do it for me. We also use the Wyetech Opal preamp as our reference and would put it up against anything. Both the Wavac & Wyetech are flat to 100k and really get the most from the Acapella tweeter. Another recommendation would be to change your cables from Kimber to either Stage III or Harmonix for maximum effects! The rest of your system looks great.
Lucky you! I have heard Acapella Violon speakers with Wavac HE-833 Tube monoblocks, they are magical. Would certainly love to own ones in the future. I would also suggest using the Stereovox LSD-600 speakers cables. Now , I am using the Stereovox SEI-600 interconnects, of course I am very happy with them worth every cents.Many happy hours of music.
Do not do anything final until you try the Edge NL-10s @ 225/ch. As has been proven at the last 3 THE shows, they can mate well w/many speakers. With my Sonus Fabers---beautiful (I won't even consider tubes, anymore). Give Tom a call at Edge and give 'em an audition. (Of course, I am not affiliated in any way w/Edge).
Recently I heard Acapella Violon High Sub with Wavac 805md,no problem at all. The speakers sound as good as with the Wavac-833. Speaker cables are Stereovox, not biwiring!So you don't need to biwiring cables for the Acapella Violon!
I own a pair of the Acapella Campanile Highs and have used a number of amplifiers with them, including the EL34 based Wolcott mono's @ 225 watts and more recently the Parasound JC-1's. The SEAS woofers require an extended break in period. Until they do so, they will lack continuity with the other drivers. As they break in, you will notice that the low end becomes more extended and dynamics improve. They are initially over damped. Even after break in you will have tighter faster bass with better control and extension with the latest very fast/ high damping factor/high current solid state amps. I think that 100 watts may be conservative. These speakers love power. You may prefer a good tubed unit on the horns/tweeter but there are a number of solid state amps that yield excellent results with the Acapella speakers, particularly the Parasound and the Edge. I have not heard the Goldmund but would predict that it would also be a good match. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of help.