Hegel H300

Anyone familiar with this integrated amp or had a chance to hear it at the RMAF this year?

I would be very interested in any comments.

Thanks,
Banyon100
Ag insider logo xs@2xbanyon100
Purchased H300 two weeks ago and just finishing burn in. This is an awesome amplifier. Ran squeezebox hi res files digital in to the Hegel and the DAC is superb.. My "other" system is Modwright KWA150 SE, First Sound Pre and PS Audio Perfectwave DAC. Not missing the big guns like I thought I would. Absolute Sound review this month is dead on with regard to the quality of the sound. Can not recommend more highly.
One positive point to note..A week ago Anders at Hegel denied in an email to me that silicon germanium transistors
are used in the H-300 integrated. He finally admitted in an email I received form him yesterday that they are used in the H-300 since I disclosed to him an article and review
in a French High End magazine from last year on the H-300 that silicon germanium transistors are in the Pre-amp
stage of the H-300. These same transistors are also in the flagship H-30 amplifier and the new P-20 Preamp.
Another Integrated amplifier that may be a better investment than the Hegel H-300 is the CODA CSIb which has better build quality than the Hegel with a larger power supply and a transformer twice as large as the one in the Hegel. WBT binding post and tiffany RCA inputs. 330 watts into 8ohms and 660 watts into 4ohms. Easily drive 1ohm loads. Very rich, warm tube like sound. Smooth as silk. Retails for $5800.00 Hand built in California with a ten year warranty. Weighs 55 pounds.
I own a Hegel H-30 amplifier, using it as a stereo amp driving a pair of Venture speakers; it replaced a pair of Bryston 28sst squares, and it is a much better amp. I have all the detail; bass, slam, sound stage, and detail...I leave it on 24/7; and have had no reliability issues. Have owned it for around one year now and absolutely love it. I think it plays well above its price class..one of the best anywhere. If you are considering Hegel; trust your instincts and enjoy your purchase. As other posters are pointing out; there are other contenders; and system synergy must be taken into account..in my system it works tremendously well. Good luck.