Man, am i losing my hearing?

I gotta get my hearing checked!

I swear i hear things as well as i used to, but as time goes on i feel i have a hard time distinguishing what is being said. Seems like i am having a hard time making sence of what i hear.

Ive recently started seeing a new girl, and i swear she mumbles from time to time. She has been giving me crap about it latley.

I'm only 28, my hearing was excellent back when i was in the military, but it has been a while since ive had a test.

Whats the point in spending thousands on a stereo system if you cannot distinguish the subtle nuances anymore?

AcK!

Anyways,

Havent talked to you all in a while, been too busy with the car and the new girlie. Looks like i might score a free 14lb Vortech Supercharger for the ol Mustang. Will have to redo the fuel hoses and fuel pump, and it will void my warranty, but an extra dyno'ed 184+ RWHP? Crap! That will put roughly 394-400 horses at the wheels!!!!!!
How could i turn that down? hell, i bet i could pull a low 12 second 1/4 mile in this altitude! maybe low 11's at sea level!

or maybe that is a bad idea? ROFL
slappy
Slappy, when you do get your hearing checked I predict that you will see a loss in the 4 - 5 KHz range and the profile will look like a sharp shelving drop somewhere in that region. This is consistent with high level listening back in our concert-going days at +100 dB SPLs. Also this is the region where female voices need to be heard in order for clarity of annunciation to be heard. Let us know what you find.
Slappy

Have your ears cryoed. It helped me hear all the highs and lows. And you can use the frozen ear wax to cool your drinks.
The good news is that its most likely nothing more than earwax build-up, which can be removed by a doctor. It is extremely common and you will be amazed at the difference after the wax is removed. But, you have to go to a doctor to get the problem analyzed and, if it is the wax, to get the wax removed.