Can I convert dvda to Apple Loseless???

Pretty simple question; I am wondering if I can convert my dvda collection to my ipod? Do any of you do this? Is there some particular software for making this work? I have searched with no answers.

Thanks,
Tyler
tmueller
I do not believe there is any way to convert DVD-A or SACD directly into anything that can be put on an iPod.

I seem to recall a discussion regarding "ripping" of LP's to a hard drive. Something about taking the analog output into an analog/digital converter to convert to a digital stream that could then be manipulated as desired. I would imagine that would work for DVD-A as well but you would probably lose most of the benefits of the hi-rez format.
If you're going to put it on an iPod, you're going to lose the benefits of hi-rez anyway. Analog out, and then letting your computer redigitize, sounds like the way to go.
I second Pabelson! I don't know what a Mac does with an SACD opening iTunes. If it'll show up in iTunes at all you can go under "Etras" and decide which way you will convert. If SACD doesn't show up in iTues, go the analog way - this will work for sure!
Aida: If you put a hybrid SACD into a Mac, what shows up is the Redbook layer, and it should read it just like a CD. I don't think a single-layer SACD would show up at all. (It'd probably ask you if you want to initialize the disk!)

He's asking about DVD-A, though, which doesn't have a Redbook layer. Hence the need to go analog.
Thanks for the great responses so far. Just to reiterate; I am not worried about losing a lot of the high rez. quality from the conversion but rather I just want to be able to listen to albums I have already purchased on my ipod. Anymore ideas??