Power Up the System - What Do You Do?

I leave my system in idle when not in-use. I only kill the power when I know bad storm is comming or if I am out of town for few days. I have always disconnected my speaker cables before I start it back up and re-connected after system is completly powered up. This way the speakers don't get popped and eventually could cause damage. I am just curious how you start up your system.

Thanks.
sd2005gt
Sd2005gt, you're playing with fire! No decent system should "pop" the speakers when turned on. Speakers should NEVER be connected when an amp is powered up. Short out your amp output or speaker terminals on a hot amp, and you're asking for a world of hurt!
well, i hit the "primer bulb" a few times to get some gas moving, then grab the cord and give it a good rip. Usually takes a few pulls before it does any more than sputter, but once it starts going it has a nice sweet purr. LOL
Fatparrot, I have been doing it this way for years without any problem. Of cause you have to be very careful not to let the negative and positive on the speaker cables touch each other or you will have a short either on the amp or on the speakers.
Sd2005gt, then you've been lucky for years...don't push it! Why is you're system "popping" the speakers, anyway?