Audio Grade Fuse, Anyone?

With all the money that most of us spend on upgrading power cords, is there any left for the fuse that is omnipresent in all the components, that little piece of necessary evil that all current flows through? Is it worth researching into? Care to share your experience?
opusone
I don't have a meter-I guess I can get one.But on my board the transformer and wiring is on the right.Below the fuse currently in place there is writing:Jp 03 on the right,Jp 04 on the left so I would think direction of the fuse should be pointed going right to left-do you think this is correct?
I didn't realise that Alternating Current travelled in only one direction! Kind of makes the direction of the fuse very important, if that is the case!
Dusted, I also thought the wiring in my Exemplar 3910 was obvious as the ac came into the board beside one of the snap-ins of the fuse holder. My meter proved this to be wrong. Meters are cheap at Radio Shack. Make sure the unit is unplugged and the fuse removed before testing.
IsoClean audio grade fuses http://aaudioimports.com/store/ProductDetail.asp?catID=38&subCatID=28&productID=71 ..These fuses will amaze you!
I have these IsoClean fuses in my TV, stereo receiver, DVD player. You will not believe what $25.00 gets you in performance! A must try product!