Why even bother?

I have some general questions.
How any audiophile could be serious about having tuner in his of her system?
The FM signal is so compressed that sound is way far inferior to the sound from any records, CD and even tape.
Why some hi-end companies are still produce them?
I haven't seen any discussions regarding this matter.
What is your opinion?
Thanks.
misterl
have you heard a high quality tuner before? I was positively amazed by a magnum dynalab tuner when I first heard one.
What is my opinion?

I don't understand why you would care - about my opinion or about my having a tuner.

Nice troll!
Yo! I moved to Orlando and am living at an extended stay kind of deal. Alongside my bed there's my spare classic Yamaha A-1 integrated & matching T-1 tuner on an IKEA Lack table. There's not going to be a digital setup for a while. I need to know what's going on here. You'd be surprised how all this sounds. Rx8man gave me some little Rat Shack A/V sealed speakers and with some basic noise control equipment (PS Audio Juice Bar, Audio Power parallel filter, ONEAC 2 ampere isolation transformer, cryo'ed Tice power cord & Wirewraps) plus two sets of Marigo cones it's sounding clean & decent. There's a lot of vulgar & sexually explicit Latino music I enjoy listening once in a while. For other times there's NPR and classic rock stations.

Hey, gentlemen.

You are missing the point.

I am not against tuners at all. I do enjoy my portative one and one in my car as well.

I am talking about stereophile system that we listening from our "Sweet Spot".

During those times I rather listen to something I prefer and not what on the radio at that time.

I have never herd about anybody listing to MP3's on hi-end system, just because it is compressed and flat and doesn’t have enough data to reproduce a good recording.

So my question was purely in the respect to audiophile point of view.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Enjoy the music!!!

Regards!
You have to get in touch with Sedond. He's a high end guy with FM radio as his primary source. His knowledge of FM tuners is truly outstanding and I visited his house a bout year and a half ago. Sounds really decent.