Anyone auditioned Pass Labs XP-30 preamp?

Has anyone heard the XP-30 that was released a couple of weeks ago?

I have the XP-10 and just wondering how much better the XP-30 is at $16.5K? How does it stack up against the Ayre KXR preamp?
sfstereo
Hi all,

I am using bi-amping configuration. Do you think the "gain-control" of XP-30 will degrade the sound quality of "slave" amp.? Why or Why not?

Is the "gain-control" of XP-30 only to decrease the amp's gain , not to increase?

thank you!
The folks at Pass are great and very responsive to questions. They would be your best source for that info, I would think.

BTW, I did not like the volume being set to zero when returning from theatre bypass so they made a special NXP controller for me so it now sets the volume at 50. How is that for customer service!
Guys, never believe the high sn ratio crap.
It also means details are filtered away.
Leaving a lifeless dull sound
I know it because my 15yr old usd2k preamp 98db sn ratio sounds clearer and livelier than my new preamp at 125db costing usd9.5k , a unit which won a reviewers choice for that matter.

Anyone who read too much into the technology and spec is going to regret like i did.
Hi Mkwglyg,
If you don't mind me asking, what are the brands of both preamps you are refering to? Thanks
-phil