What audio equipment should I take to Kirkuk, Iraq

Guys,

I may be sent on assignment to Kirkuk, Iraq. What audio equipment should I take with me - no wise cracks please, I have enough worries about this already. For obvious reasons, it has to be portable, play CDs, and of high enough quality to sate my analog/vinyl loving ears. I have the Sennheiser 600 headphones and an ASL OTL headphone but I am not sure whether the amp will work there. I also have a Radio Shack 3400 which has quit working so are there suggestions for a portable CD player with which I can use my Sennheisers.

Thanks
erider
Noise cancellation headphones, bulletproof isolation box, meditation/relaxation music.
APPLE ipod 40GB
That gives you the opportunity to take with you MANY different types and very long time playing music which you might need there?
All the best to you and may this terrible thing end soon!
Hi:
Good Luck!
According to the table
here Iraq uses nominal 50hz, 240/415v so take that into consideration.

Another site http://www.toroid.com/custom_transformers/technical_bulletin_2.htm

Cheers
I remain,
Did you consider some in ear headphones such as the Etymotic 4Ps? The advantages are: extremely small, lightweight, portable and very high quality sound. Disadvantages are: cost ($270), difficult fit for some people (you must pull the ear lobe up and back and then push the earphones way in), blocks out ambient sounds (blocking out the ambient sound could also be considered an advantage).

I love to listen to my Etymotics on planes or in cars because the ambient sound is greatly diminished so you can really get into the music without distractions and without turning up the volume very high.

In a quiet room I like to use my Senn 600s, but in a noisy environment the Senns are not as desirable as the Etymotics.

Unless you push the Etymotics deep into the ear canal, you will not get good bass or treble. The sound will be tinny. But installed properly I like the Etymotics as much as the Senns.

I, too, like analog sound so I record vinyl onto Maxell or TDK cassettes using a Nakamichi deck, and I listen through a Walkman when traveling. The new Walkmans play for hours and hours on one AA rechargable battery. To me the sound is MUCH less fatiguing than CDs.

Best of luck.