Can we have an "Ask Sean" catagory?

It seems that the most comprehensive audio answers come from Sean. He corrects us with non-threatening information. I believe he is really trying to help all of us become better informed budding audiophiles. I have no idea who Sean is or what his background is, but I often read his posts and say "wow, I only knew a little bit about that". I wanna be audio smarter! My wife believes this quest is hopeless. I think Sean is "The Answer". Any followers?
mt10425
Hi Mt:

This is a common newbie mistake. Sean is not really a person. It is obvious, once you think about it at all, that no one person could type, much less know that much, about audio.

S.E.A.N, is actually an acronym for "Syndicate of Encyclopedic Audio Nuts," has thousands of active members, and is rumored to be located in a big building near Waco.

Sincerely
I remain,
Thanks for the kind words Mt10425. I do what i can, when i can and am glad that i can help. Having said that, Tubino is absolutely correct. I've already got a big mouth and don't need any type of "throne" to give me an even bigger head. On top of that, i need to spend LESS time on the computer in order to get more things done AND maintain my own learning. After all, i'm only repeating / expounding upon subjects that have already been covered by those that are truly deserving of recognition.

If i personally had to say "THANK YOU" to someone, it would be:

1) my Father for exposing me to "audio", which led into other forms of "electronics" in general.

2) J. Peter Moncrieff of International Audio Review ( IAR ). He showed me what it was to be an "audio scientist" and made me want to understand in explainable form the how's and what's rather than to guess at them or believe what i was told by "guesser's" aka "GESR's" ( Golden Eared Subjective Reviewer's ).

3) David Spiegel of Audio General Incorporated ( AGI ) for being both a visionary and demonstrating that audio can be both "spectacular" and "reasonably priced".

With the education that i received from those mentioned above and my background in RF ( radio frequency ), i think that it has allowed me to look at / examine AF ( audio frequency ) from a slightly different point of view than that of most other "audiophiles". With that in mind, it sometimes amazes me that AF guys overlook some design attributes that us RF guys take for granted / assume should be "standard issue". Then again, the folks that design and work with devices that work at "ultra-mega-super-duper high frequencies" probably laugh at all of us "low frequency fools", me included.

We've all got our place in audio / electronics. So long as we keep learning and climbing up the ladder, we'll make room for someone below us to pass that knowledge on to as they start their climb. If we all take the time to share what we've learned, people won't be shopping for audio gear at Best Buy for very long : ) Sean
>

PS... If we all knew what we should know about the subject and passed it on, "high end" wouldn't exist as we know it today. As much as it would upset some people, "Snake oil" would no longer be available for sale : )