Shuguang 12AX7 Pavane/Psvane Reference.

I was wonder if anyone has feedback about these tubes. They have a very good review at Positive Feedback.

I'm searching for good tubes to replace the "no brand" 12AX7 tubes that came in my preamplifier. Sadly the "perfect" tubes (50's NOS Mullards or Telefunkens) can cost almost the same that what my preamp cost. Also, I have heard about overpriced old tubes that doesn't produce good sound, simply because they are poorly matched. With the Groove Tubes Mullar replicas out of the market few years ago, I really don't know what should be my next tube investment.

Thanks for reading!.
stts
Go to Jim McShane and get a matched set of EH 12AX7's. Give them a try and you might just like the end results. tell him you want a pair or quad low noise and low microphonics. Most of the Chinese small tubes are pretty good. We have found the EH's are dam good in some applications.
Good older 12AX7s don't need to be costly. One good way to buy is to bypass NOS, and go for used. Those older tubes are quite strong, and can last a real long time. At any rate, I've found a lot of tubes of that era for no more than what you're considering for the new units you're inquiring about, not that the old tubes would be better than the new ones. As they're still a new product, there isn't enough of an opinion base to know how they rank overall. I'd try both, and see what you think.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, the triple mica Shuguang 12AX7 that go for the same price as the poor sounding new 12AX7 variants are right up there with the good older tubes you listed. Given that, I'm curious about these new premium tubes.
Another very good inexpensive 12ax7 tube is the ( tubeman.com ) is the Ei cryo 12ax7 ( grey plates ) ...They are ( Yugo's ) about the best new production 12ax7 tube I have tried....Very reasonable pricing too...They are Telefunken Smoothplate copies..
I replaced some Shuguang 12AX7's and quickly put the Shuguangs back in, they are that good.