How many AudiogoNers are amateur chefs?

I know this is WAY off topic, but I am curious as to how many of you folks fancy yourselves as amateur chefs. I ask this as I just completed my first day of culinary school. This is not a school for training pros (we meet on Fridays for the day), but for those folks who want to become better cooks, learning to prepare menus, pairing foods and wines, etc. I still have my full-time profession, so this is for home.
slipknot1
Cooking is one of my "supplemental" hobbies since I'm not out-goer prefering home-made food and research nice recipies.
I don't realy spend time shaping food as shown on some food network channels but realy created my own bible of tasty food techniques and keep it as a family standard.
I'm very gourmet oriented and skeptical visiting unknown dining or lunch places. I can smell how much salt is in my meal. You can certainly imagin my point of view for the McDolald's or Burger King...
I do not have a super-large menu to offer but to my tastes and so my spose's ones are good enough.
As a bachelor, it's either learn to cook, or starve! I have done alot of cooking, and enjoy it immensely. I even have friends that invite me over for dinner, just so I can cook the meal. They provide the ingredients and the fine French Bordeaux, and I do the cooking. I think it is a nice way to share the experience. If I opened a restaurant, I'd probably hate to cook then. I think it has something to do with enjoying the experience, and not having to do it for income.
Food, wine, fancy speaker cables...

I'm betting there are plenty of amateur chefs here. Count me as one more.
Tom, do you do all your cooking in one of those 23cm full-range pots?

Sincerely
I remain
I learned to cook as a bachelor, it was a great, and cheap date deal to get them to your house and prepare the meal....now, married, I find I do quite well.

The best thing I do is combine the things I like into a meal, so I'm never dissatisfied with what I eat...fortunately for me hewife has similar food tastes!

BTW I'll put my breakfasts against any of the best places you can name.....can someone say lobster, garlic, onion and brie omletts??