How Many???

I realize that Bose must sell hundreds of thousands of speaker systems per year. But in the high end market, how many Avalons, Meadowlarks, Silverlines, Coincidents are sold each year? 100? 1000? I am sure Magnepan , Vandersteen,
are such great values, then that number must jump up to the
10,000 mark ( or am I way off???). I have not been to a best buy or circuit city or tweeter in years, but their house brands must sell in the tens of thousands of units
for them to stay in business. I am including home theater systems. So I guess the two channel companies must have a very low output. Does anybody has some hard numbers on the high end speaker companies sales?
shubertmaniac
If the Q'n is just motivated by curiosity, hopefully an industry insider will be able to post something directly helpful.

Don't giggle, but if the Q and especially the A is "mission-critical", you can put a price on it at google A's. Some of the researchers have been known to go to extraordinary lengths (telephoning countrywide etc) to scoop the bounty. (No disclosures nec'y here since no affiliation.)
Just curious, in the sense, how many companies even if they
have a good speaker, just go out of business. It is lack
of sales, lack of sales distribution, or lousy business model? Can a speaker company sustain itself if sales in the 100s or even 10s rather than thousands or tens of thousands.
I asked the same question at AA, I think, a while back, as an aside to some other question. Nobody picked up on it. I would love to know also. High-end audiophiles are a rare group in that they love to spend way, way more for any product believing it has to be better. The fundamental equation $$$$ = great sound. I, being a cheapskate of sorts, prefer to find the best product for the price and believe that in that department economies of scale can't hurt.
Whether you're talking speakers or electronics, these handmade upscale rarities that we buy I would guess only sell from several hundred to a few thousand units at most per year. I'm not sure exactly where I got that impression though; read something someday, somwehere....