Lovan: Stereophile recommended disappointment.

I just got a brand new Lovan amp stand and could not believe the feeble board that came with it. That thin board flexes under the weight of my 50 lb T4 isolation transformer bay!

The spikes were loose because the thread tapping is not within tolerances. I solved the problem by adding a washer. How can they call that an amplifier stand?

I got it for $67 on closeout (vs $149.95 list), but still leaves much to be desired.

So much for the "recommended component"--anyone wants to spend $400 on their rack?

Long live DIY.
psychicanimal
I have the Lovan rack for my equipment and can't stand it! I am with you, it is cheapo stuff and wish I had seen it before I bought. It always looks better in the catalogue. Good warning to others considering Lovan. Forget it.
Sure, I can as long as the comments are as honest and to-the-point as yours.

The recommendation I made for the Lovan was based on a single sample of the 4-tiered double-width rack. I cleaned the threads with a tap and a die and damped the shelves with Dynamat. The frame, especially when filled with sand or lead-shot is fine. The shelves are where they cut corners and they offer better ones for more $$$.
Is this the Lovan Classic or Sovereign amp stand? Their Sovereign series is significantly better than the Classic. I have the Sovereign filled with lead shot and it supports my 50 pound amp easily. I replaced the stock steel cones with Walker Valid Point cones and I am very happy.