I m a beginner. Please help

hello, everyone. i started to get into the audiophile's world a month ago. i would like to learn about what separate components i need to have in order to enjoy the best quality of sound! it looks like many people spend their money on power chords and power plants etc. do they really make a differnce in sound? or is this all one big hype? i would think that a cd player, a pre-amp, a pow. amp, and a pair of speakers would be enough to hear.
davejms
Besides Leafs' point above, "The Audio Critic" has been proven to be a liar, scammer, deceiver and manipulator. How "fair" is it to review a set of speakers, give them glowing praise, say that they are amongst the finest you've ever heard and then forget to mention that you ( the reviewer ) are the owner and designer of said speakers and speaker company ???? That's what the "audio critic" did... Sean
>
Please keep this on topic. The Audio Critic is a source of much debate, and it belongs in a separate thread, for those who wish to debate it. We have a summary of three sides about Audio Critic above, so let's end it at that, before this thread wanders off. Please start a different thread for any further posts about said magazine
Some people above would like you to listen to only one kind of advice, Dave. Before you assume that everything you've been told here is true, I'd suggest you find out for yourself.
Wow. You are a sheep in a wolf's den here. Your approach could vary from between $1000-100,000 so you need to take your time, experiment with what you like and dislike and have fun along the way.