Metal or Fabric Dome tweeter

I am looking at many different speakers and notice there are different opinions as to which is better. Any comments would be appreciated.
128x128bohemian7
i've heard both dynaudio tweeters, & scan-speak tweeters, & think they can make exceptional sound. that said, i also love the focal titanium inwerted-dome tweeters in my current meret re's. i've never heard any shrill irritating sound from these speakers. i also like the sound of jm-lab's spendy utopia-series speakers, which use iterations of these drivers. no shrill irritating noises here either, imho. i guess a lot of it has to do w/the designer's implementation, and the rest of a system's electronics. regards, doug
Carl, thanks for the correction on my Revelator comment. These are made by Scanspeak, not Vifa. My audiophile speaker designers buddies are also very fond of the Morel MDT33. It is hard to believe that there is actually a concensous, in regard to who makes "good" tweeters.
You're welcome. I think the MDT 33 is the most underrated dome tweeter in the industry. I compared it directly with the Dynaudio Esotar T330D, and feel that the Morel is better in some ways, is smoother, where the Esotar had a "steely" quality that turned aggressive at higher playback. It was of course a tad more dynamic, but in light of the fact that it didn't seem better overall to the MDT-33, I feel it represents a poor value (since it costs vastly more than the MDT-33). However, I do like the Esotar M560D dome midrange very much, and will be using mine with the MDT-33 in a 3 1/2 way project.
Eldragon, sorry, but I do not have that issue. I only have the January issue of that year. But, if you ever need an issue, be sure to check with me. My collection is a bit sparse from 1995 - 1998(I have "here and there" issues). But, I picked my subscription back up in 1999. Hate the way they sometimes fail to send an issue. HAVE to keep a subscription as long I am keeping up with the hobby. Despite what many say, it is a must read. Introducing me to many brands, perspectives, products. And at $12, how can I get hurt? Jonathan Scull SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yes indeed on the J10 thing, he needs to go back to wine tasting...Or maybe he could write for Cosmopolitan.