CD player finally died. Need rec.

Help!!! My Sonagraphe CD player has finally expired. It gave me over 6 years of great sound, but it has now been silenced. I want to replace it with a DVD/CD player, but, I don't know of any that are Reference quality at a good deal. On the other hand, should I stick with CD only for now??? Please help!!! I want to buy today.
bday0000
Thanks for all the great info and humor!!! David99's comments were helpful, I might add. For those of you keeping score at home, I have added a beautiful new Rega Planet to my current set up (BK ST1400 amp and a conrad johnson PV10A preamp, with Alon 1 speakers and Tara cables). In the future, I will probably upgrade to a nice transport and outboard DAC (when the format wars are over). Thanks again, everyone!!!!
GREAT CHOICE with the PLANET!!! I'm not going to get all caught up in the digital war.You bought a great C.D. player.Stereophile CLASS B and an awesome looking unit.How does it sound? You are most of the way there for under $800.00. Happy listening!
I was able to bring home the demo unit for a couple of days. It sounds awesome!!! The image is like a living thing, or looking at a landscape. The new-in-the-box unit will be hooked up today. I'm sure it will need to burn-in, but I know what to expect. Thanks once again, everyone!!!