6550 vs KT88 vs KT90

From what I hear, these tubes are interchangable on most amps it seems that the 6550 is the least loved tube of the bunch. What are the sonic differences of these tubes? Thanks in advance for your reply.
jman
Sorry Craig, forgot to comment on bass. I think the bass from the DNA2 is tighter, but not better. Oddly enough, when directly comparing the ARC VT200 to my friend's DNA2, I thought the ARC better portrayed the sound of a double bass and other low frequency instruments. I won't wax on the "magic" of my Manley's, but I'd say the ARC is better than my Manley's overall. Tube amps can do bass "right" in the right system! Hope it helps. Jordan
The "Electronic industry" (Ei), has been rebuilt, however, the economic "sanctions" are still in place, and who knows how long? I may be able to get some KT-90, and other Ei products. E-mail me with the questions if interested!
Thanks for the offer Eldragon! Ei tubes are available. In fact, Jadis informed me that they see no potential problems with supply. However, the sanctions will probably hurt us in the USA. No one will care because this is such a minuscule hobby. But, last year the price of a matched quad of KT90s was $96(in a Stereophile ad), within 2 months it went to $150. I am not sure where it is now, but buying from a high end dealer or Jadis will be over $500(as of February, 2000). I am just happy they supposedly last way longer than we usually expect tubes to last.
Trelja; thanks much for the specific info. on the big amp tubes. Jordan, it was particularly good to hear your comparison of the DNA-2 with some good tube amps-- and glad to hear that tubes can be competitive in the bass. Thanks, and Cheers. Craig.
Trelja i guess you like your Jadis...? How detailed they are? I heard, earlier models had somewhat "sloppy" bottom? Regards!