Power Cord

I hear people talking about these cords and I am not sure
of what they mean. Is this the plug-in wire from the
back of my CDP to the electric outlet? Can changing it
make a difference in sound? If so, any recommendations?
Thanks for the info
bobbybob
Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes! Mas, papi, mas...que rico, que suave...
Upgrading the power cord can make a big difference, especially if you live in an area with lots of RFI, or in an apartment or older building. I live near the Dulles airport, and it made a big difference in video and sound when I upgraded my DVD player cord. If you want to try a cheap alternative first, try a $25 power wrap from amusicdirect.com. just wrap it around your standard power cord and give it a chance. You can also put it on your receiver, tv, cable/satellite box. If you see a difference you may want to upgrade those components with real power cords. You don't have to spend a lot of upgraded cords, either.
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products/detail.asp?cat=280&sku=AHW02
The same power cord that "gttgroup.com" sells for $49.99/$59.99 can be purchased from Americor for just $2.87.

Do a search at the AA on the "Absolute Power Cord" and see what is being said about this overpriced cord.
I herd the difference when I upgraded my stock cord with a Harmonic Technology. The soundstage deepened and the bass got a little tighter. If you are all finished buying equiptment and you are happy with your purchases (as we all are) start upgrading your cables.
One thing I learned from all this is that YES power cords can make a big difference in some components. However, installing dedicated lines will make a difference in ALL components. For around $200 you may be able to have someone install a couple dedicated lines (separate the amps from the electronics). This was the single most valuable improvement I made to my system, and it cost about the same as one high end power cord.