The Great Cryo'd Outlet Test

Some have wondered about the Cryo'd outlet test that this skeptic has agreed to do, thanks to the generous loan of an outlet by another member. The situation is that the outlet, and its non-cryo'd twin have been breaking in for several weeks and I think we can agree they are ready for evaluation. Performing the tests will involve littering the room with various amps and speakers with the associated wires strung around, so, and I am sure you understand, I need to wait for a free day when my dear wife is elsewhere occupied.
A report will be made.
eldartford
Does the fact that these outlets did not come with connecting screws for the bottom mean anything?
Why are they missing?
Are the one set of extra screws and contacts cryo-treated?
Is it safe to assume the upper and lower outlets are both burned -in?

Man! It's like an oven in here. Would somebody PLEASE open a window?

-IMO
Stehno: One outlet I sent to Ed only had one set of connecting screws. I'm assuming he took the outlet with both sets of screws and removed them so that both outlets are identical to you. That means that there could be some confusion with respect to which screws are cryoed and not cryoed; ie. you could be listening to a cryoed outlet with non-cryoed screws and vice versa. Personally, I doubt whether that could have much of an effect on the outcome. I had not used either outlet in a very long time and can't even recall where exactly I had them in use. I believe Ed ran them on his refrigerator for a few weeks, but not sure whether he did each half of each receptacle. If there's any doubt, you could simply pop each one on your fridge or freezer with 3 days or so on each half and I think you'd be fine. Frankly, I'd just go ahead and use them at this stage. Obviously with your wiring situation, you'll need to use both sets of connecting screws with each outlet. Have fun and see if you can hear the difference.

Ed: just out of curiousity, seeing that you sent both outlets to Stehno with only one set of screws in each, did you mark the receptacles at your end before sending them off to identify the cryoed one?
Hdm, my previous post was mostly tongue-in-cheek.

My intention is to leave the one I installed in for about about a week and then swap in the other for another week or so.
Stehno: Great-it's hard to get that tongue-in-cheek cheek stuff sometimes when it's in writing. Thought some of those ungrounded circuits of yours might of fried your air conditioning or something!
Yeah, I'm really quite surprised at the almost mass hysteria of some of those guys.

You were quite diplomatic I might add.

-IMO