What does Current mean in a power amp???

I need a high (at least that is what I am told) current amp to drive my speakers. What numbers should I be looking for?

I am not a tech person so keep the answers a simple as possible. Thanks to all!
rwd
Sean, Indeed Plinius gear(listened in several setups) is worm and musical. The situation you're describing I heard with Merylin speakers but than again I've never heard Merylins soft or musical.
SA-100 has a large range of operating in class A(upto 25W/ch) and has a closes to the tubes midrange. I assume that it will do the best with low-impedance speakers such as JM Lab 921, Thiel 3.6 and might be bright and hard driving high impedance speakers such as Coinsident.
BTW the most successful setup with SA100 I heard with Genesis 5, Sonic Frontiers SFL2, Basis 2000/Plinius Jarrah/Dynavector 20XH/; Analysis+ 9 speaker wire, AudioQuest Diamondblack interconnects almost everywhere.

Listening to "Stabat Mater" by unfamous and forgotten italian composer Pergolesi, despite being so skeptical auditioning classical music, the voices were so real and 50y.o. vinyl made me forget about clicks and pops and dive into the music everything else simply dissapeared.
Boy...did I get an ear full!!! Only joking folks! I must confess that most of what I read is very interesting but my exposure to technical knowledge is really not there! ( Business Major :)....any way...Sean answered this question by answering my reply to another thred elsewhere!! So Thanks again Sean and I will be on the look out for a Perreaux 3150 power amp (which has high current) needed to drive my sub woofer's (4 ohm load) Infinity's.
Rwd, if you're just needing the amp to drive the sub/bass woofers, than that could well be less critical a balancing act between a need for power and some other, possibly more refined sonic qualities. Although a nominal 4 ohm impedance, if truthful, won't be a difficult load for many good quality amps rated into 4 ohms, driver size will also come into play. For bass drivers 10" - 15" in diameter, not only will a successful amp choice need to work into the low impedance if present, it will also have to be high-powered overall, ideally with a relatively high damping factor, to control the more massive cone's greater inertia, as well as contend with the back-EMF generated by the larger motor structure.