Is their any way to keep voltage steady?

I have a Tice Powerblock which has a voltage meter on it. I notice when the meter is close to 120v the system sounds and looks {TV} better , than when the meter dips to around 115V. I have already added two dedicated 20amp circuts with 12 gauge wire and "better" wall sockets. Anything simple I can have my electrician do?
darrylhifi
Darryl, you would need to have some type of line regulator or regenerator installed. There are units that will do this for you, but it would be phenomenally expensive to power a large amplifier. If you were looking to do this for strictly the line level components ( no amps or a VERY small amp ), there are pieces available. While they will maintain the voltage, i have no idea as to what they would do for the sonics. Sean
>
Check out cinepro. They have 10 and 20 amp power supplies, they keep the voltage at 117 vac. The balancer with the regulater is an awsome setup.
I used to be able to purchase commercial grade Sola brand voltage regulators rated for 120 volts / 500 watts continuous ( enough for ALL your line level components ) for less than $300 including shipping. If i remember correctly, i think that these units weigh appr 65 - 85 lbs. I can't seem to remember where this was from though, so i can't verify availability at this point in time. I will do further research on this and ( hopefully ) post some results within the next 48 hours. Keep in mind that this is not some type of device that you plug into the wall, as it would work best with a direct run to your breaker box. Sean
>